Looking ahead: 2017 ESCORTED SMALL GROUPS TOURS ( ROTATED every few years)
NEW!!!Mexico City and Puebla and Cholula—Anthropology, Archeology and Arts : Jan. 26-FE 2, 2017
The Museum of Anthropolgoy in Mexico City is one of the best in the world. It displays Lord Pakal’s tomb treasures from Palenque. Visit Frida Kahlo’s home and some of her paintings. Teotihuacan, “the place where men become gods,” is one of the most important ruins of the world. Visit the hidden pyramid in Cholula. $2195 p/p per double room. Add $450 for a single room.
Gray Whale Watching in Baja California, Mexico: March 2-10, 2017
Two days of watching these gentle giants in Magdalena Bay will be a thrill of a lifetime. Other water activities will be in the tour, even swimming with sea lions if you choose to do so. An estuary and bird sanctuary visit is included. Begins and ends in Cabo San Jose. $2495 p/p per double room.
Peru and Machu Picchu: April 18-28, 2017
We usually offer Peru about every three years. But, due to popular request, we are offering it again this year. Machu Picchu is one of the new wonders of the world. One of my clients commented he had been to 45 other destinations and this was the very most outstanding. If you have ever considered going to Machu Picchu, this would be the time. $3995 p/p per double room. ***Same price as last year! Add $690 for a single room.
Costa Rica Natural History Tour: May 31-June 9, 2017
Experience the most diverse eden in the hemisphere. The premier sites of Poas and Arenal Volcano National Parks, Cano Negro Biological Preserve, Monteverde and Santa Elena Cloud Forests and Carara National Park on the Pacific Coast are all highlights. $3395 p/p per double room. **Same price as last year! Add $535 for a single room.
TERRORISM FACTS VS. TERRORISM FEARS from our State Dept. conservative warnings:
- In 2011 17 U.S. citizens killed as a result of terrorism, including civilian deaths in Afghanistan and Iraq.
- You are 6 times more likely to die from hot weather than from terrorism.
- You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer in America than terrorism abroad.
- You are 404 times more likely to die from a fall than from a terrorist attack.
- You are 1048 times more likely to die in a car accident than from a terrorist attack.
- You are 12, 571 times more likely to die from cancer than from a terrorist attack.
- Obesity is 23,528 times more likely to kill you than a terrorist attack.
According to the Washington Post, the chance of dying when traveling abroad in a terrorism-related attack is l in 9.3 million. It is ironic that the French government actually has warnings to their travelers about New York City, Houston, ST. Louis and Richmond, among others.
According to statistics from a university “think tank,” traveling abroad can increase our health and life span and well-being overall.
S & S Tours, LLC, 4250 S. Hohokam Dr., Sierra Vista, AZ 85650 Phones: 866-780-2813 or 520-803-1352;